Once installed, the tracking code measures traffic from that point forward. It cannot measure traffic from visitors before it was installed. So it's important to install the tracking code on your website as quickly as possible after creating your BoostSuite account, so you get the most credit for visitors on your website.
The BoostSuite tracking code is also used to pool your online audience with your co-marketing partners' online audiences for BoostSuite Ads. BoostSuite Ads shows an ad promoting your business to your co-marketing audience, which is the total pool of your online audience and each of your partners' online audiences.
You have two days from signup to add our tracking code to your website, after that your business isn't shown in the partner list in BoostSuite Ads. When this happens you cannot request marketing partnerships with other businesses, and other businesses cannot discover your business and request partnerships with you.
Installing the BoostSuite tracking code in your Bigcommerce store is pretty easy. Actually, it's even easier than setting up the Google Analytics tracking code in your store.
Install the BoostSuite tracking code in your Bigcommerce store:
- Copy the script code below:
var bs = document.createElement('script');
bs.async = true;
bs.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https' : 'http') + '://d2so4705rl485y.cloudfront.net/widgets/tracker/tracker.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script');
s.parentNode.insertBefore(bs, s); })();
- Log in to your Bigcommerce account.
- Follow JUST the "Adding the Code to your Store" step in this article -https://support.bigcommerce.com/questions/930/How+do+I+setup+Google+Analytics+in+my+Bigcommerce+Store%3F
- Paste the code from step #1 above into the code box in Bigcommerce. Do not delete any existing code that you may have in that box. Paste it above or below. Save your changes.
- After you've installed the tracking code, load your store's homepage once, then reload the Tracking Code tab in BoostSuite (at Articles > Tracking Code) to confirm it's set up correctly.
If you have any questions about this tracking code, check out this FAQ article. The finished setup should look something like this:
Please let us know if you need assistance installing the tracking code.
How to install the tracking code on your generic website
How to install the tracking code plugin on your WordPress website
How to install the tracking code plugin on your 3dCart website