Why won't the tracking code work? I have a weebly site called planetearthissues.weebly.com, and the get tracking code page just has a picture of an X, saying:
We're not receiving visitor data from your website.
Attention Weebly users. Even though you already installed the BoostSuite app in Weebly, you still need to click the Publish button in Weebly once to take our tracking code live on your site. Then, visit your Weebly site's homepage and click around to a few different pages on your site to begin sending visitor data to BoostSuite.
Then return here and reload this page. The status message at the top will indicate whether or not we're receiving tracking data from your website.
Hi Kent, I'm sorry you're experiencing the same issue. We've found the Weebly system to be very unreliable when it comes to installing tracking codes for installed apps like the BoostSuite advertising app. The process to fix this situation for your website goes like this.
1) Please email us to let us know you're experiencing the issue (email email@example.com and make sure to include your domain name otherwise we don't know which account is yours)
2) Our engineering team manually makes a call to the Weebly API to re-install our tracking code on your website
3) When that is done, we notify you that the fix has been made
4) Then you log in to Weebly and click the blue Publish button in your Weebly website
5) Then, log out of Weebly and visit a few pages of your website as a normal website visitor would
6) Finally, log back into Weebly and edit your website, click Apps up top then click the white manage button beside the BoostSuite app icon.
Your BoostSuite ads dashboard will now indicate that our tracking code is properly installed on your website and that we're "waiting for advertising data". This means your ad is live and you will see performance data (how many people clicked your ad) in that location the next day.